[pct-l] How to Mojave

Bill Batchelor bill.batchelor at kedyl.com
Wed May 15 20:40:40 CDT 2013

Hi Jackie,

I too am a big fan of the GoLite Chrome Dome umbrella.  Is it a bit of a
pain in the butt to hold up sometimes?  yes, trail side brush over head and
having to put it up, then down, then up. . . .   or wind, . . .   or I just
don't feel like holding it up (I try to strap it to my shoulder strap with
some success).    All of that being said, when I have it up and then
decide, "it's not doing much anyway" - as soon as I move it down and the
sun hits me I instantly realize how much relief I am getting.  Is it cool?
 No, but it can go from 100 degrees in the sun to 80 degrees in the
portable shade.  Makes a big difference.

Any light color umbrella would be a help if you can't get a GoLite in time.
 The refelctive GoLite and it's light weight is best.   Also, the GoLite
does not collapse making the moving parts minimal and durability better.
 If you have a choice, I'd be careful not to get a flimsy collapsible type.
 Though again, that would be better than nothing.

My two cents.

Pink Gumby

--

Bill Batchelor, RCDD, CCNT