[pct-l] Inyokern to Kennedy Meadows Transportation

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Thu May 16 11:10:20 CDT 2013

I took the ESTA bus from Mammoth (http://www.estransit.com/CMS/) and it
dropped me off at the road to Kennedy Meadows south.  I hitched from
there, and waited for three hoursbefore a cable TV guy picked me up.  He
pointed to the painted rock which is the only place in the area that has
cell reception, and to the property that Michael Richards of Seinfeld
fame started building a house until a fire came through - not even close
to his building site - and he freaked and abandoned the project.

I have hitchhiked for 40 years and the three hours spent in the sun and
heat was a hurry up and wait opportunity.  This is where your chrome
dome will do you good!!!

You'll get a ride, especially if you have one of those (town to trail)
bandanas...  It just might be a while...

Jeffrey Olson
Rapid City, SD