[pct-l] liability

Ron Ronron oldlemonparty at gmail.com
Fri May 17 00:38:31 CDT 2013

Many posts concerning cyclists on the PCT which are encouraged, condoned,
or simply tolerated by the owners of the PCT-L are such that they present
the likelyhood of said owners being held legally responsible should some
overzealous anti cyclist take said posts to heart.

I have hiked the first 265 miles of the PCT and have seen zero cyclists. I
have however seen atleast 20 illegal fire pits. Maybe the anti cyclist
crowd could put their zeal to better use.

If I were cycling illegally on the PCT and some dumbass tried to illegally
detain me I would be well within my legal rights to kick their ass, press
criminal charges, and file a civil suit against both said dumbass and the
owners of the PCT-L.

Just food for though. The preceeding in no way constitutes legal advice.