[pct-l] Rain Gear suggestions

J. Lopes jaredlopes at gmail.com
Fri May 17 10:56:41 CDT 2013

I actually have the exact same kit as Dan. Older Marmot Mica and a zpack
cuben fiber kilt ( which i also have used as a windblock on my hammock tarp
and a place to put my pack and gear when the ground was saturated). I use
this kit for section hiking the AT so it may be a different story for the
PCT. but it did well in 2-3 days straight of torrential april rain a few
years back in the northeast. This is a reasonably lightweight and effective
set-up. I find that i also liked to carry a ul wind jacket when on the move
opposed to the mica which can get a bit warm.