[pct-l] Lassen over Memorial Day weekend?

Meridith Rosendahl meridith.rosendahl at gmail.com
Sat May 18 12:07:04 CDT 2013

...... but what about Lassen and
Humbug/Humboldt? Was the south end of the Cascades in the low-snow
or normal-snow belt this year? Humboldt is around 7100' while Lassen
tops out about 6700'.

I think you can hike Lassen Park over Memorial weekend.  There will still
be some patches of snow, but it should be minimal.  I can see Butt Mountain
and it has lost most of it's snow, so should be ok too, but there is still
a bit on the north/east facing slope.  Just be careful and you should be
ok.    We've had warm weather and quite a bit of snow-melting rain, so
every day is better for the trail than the one before.

Piper's Mom