[pct-l] Dog boarding

Glen Winters glenbwint at yahoo.com
Mon May 20 15:35:59 CDT 2013

I helped my daughter start a boarding and grooming business in Nampa Idaho near Boise. I understand how many people feel $20 a day is expensive but you have no idea of the costs and time involved in properly caring for someones pet, it becomes a full time job. Not to mention the time and money just to get a business license and zoning approval. We actually charge $18 a day. For 30 days or longer it is $14.40, which is 20% off. I talked to my daughter about it and we could offer a PCT hiker rate for small to medium dogs only, large breeds would still be $14.40 if you actually stay on trail over 2 months we will charge $12.00 a day, approximately $1800 for a 5 month hike. This probably wouldn't make sense unless you live in the area, or live in an area like San Francisco where boarding is more like $25 to $35 a day, and flying your pet here would still make financial sense. Just an option to think about. You can find or website at puupylovesuites.com.

If your dog can vault a 7 foot fence, or is overly aggressive to other dogs and or people we can not keep him here, we let groups of dogs, by size and compatibility out to play at least once, normally twice a day. We actually had one dog we turned away as he jumped a 7 foot fence in minutes ran up to us all happy like aren't I a good dog you can't get away from me. Great dog just not practical for us to take care of.

Argentina