[pct-l] More on Huskies

Halmargolis at aol.com Halmargolis at aol.com
Tue May 21 20:53:58 CDT 2013

Hi Fritz, Welcome to _Backcountry!_ (mailto:Backcountry!.fritz7ntd at aol.com)
from _fritz7ntd at aol.com_ (mailto:fritz7ntd at aol.com)

Like you Fritz, I've taken my dog, a Huskie, on parts of the  PCT through
the San Bernardino Mountains many times overland on skis and a  couple of
overnights.
He's been with me on parts of the Sierra.  I can't tell  you how much fun
that was and how grateful he seemed to be for the  experience.

I basically agree.  In a perfect year, when  everything goes right (I have
not seen such a year!), including having special  dog shoes for traversing
the lava fields in Oregon, good luck in getting  through or over the Packwood
glacier in Washington, fording swift deep creeks in  Washington (one of
many detours), I suppose it can be done.  But  as you know, people do report
others doing it.

Again, welcome!
Hal (Green Hornet) Margolis

In a message dated 5/20/2013 9:32:39 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,