[pct-l] Semi off topic Yosemite advice

JPL jplynch at crosslink.net
Sun May 26 05:50:47 CDT 2013

Lindsey;
   You'll be in Yosemite Valley right?  I volunteer there, but only for a
week, in the summer.  My suggestion would be to talk to the folks in the
wilderness center (they're almost next door to where you'll be working).
They'll have lots of suggestions about getting a walk-in permit.  They're
pretty good about working with folks who are volunteers or employees.  As
far as where to go, its the same as any other hiking/camping situation: the
farther from a trailhead, the more the crowd thins out.  Those on this list
who have done more backcountry hiking will have some suggestions about
specific trails.
   Good luck!