[pct-l] Camping on Whitney

Benjamin Grunbaum bengrunbaum at gmail.com
Tue May 28 09:35:31 CDT 2013

I have never minded using the bag systems  to remove human waste whether on
Shasta or whitney. It is a very frustrating task convincing others to
remove their Waste because if they don't it will either not get removed or
it will be removed by some low paid wilderness Ranger. it is frightening
how inconsiderate some of our fellow hikers are.  I was amazed at how many
bags I saw a lining the trail down Mount Whitney last year . Some people
who I had been hiking with for many days on the John Muir Trail were
disgusted when I mention that I had carried my waist from guitar Lake all
the way to Whitney portal. I was disgusted that they pawned of f their
responsibility to someone else. They need to hire more Rangers and charge
the people who do not bring a bag , do not use their wag bag or leave it on
the side of the trail at least $500, in my honest opinion. Thank you for
being one of the responsible people you think about the  experiences future
users of the trail will have.