[pct-l] Camping on Whitney

Benjamin Grunbaum bengrunbaum at gmail.com
Tue May 28 12:44:20 CDT 2013

I agree: a ban would be impossible to enforce.  Your suggestions sound like
good ways to combat the problem. I support community service.  What could
be better than ordering those who degrade the experience of others in the
hiking community to go back and do what they should have done in the first
place; many times over. We need some form of a solution. I know the forest
service and park service have been doing some cleanup around the most
affected areas.  Work which they should not have to do.  I will be going to
a talk at Adventure 16 in San Diego about Mt Whitney in the next week.  A
couple of people who have hiked it over 50 times each will be giving a
presentation. A ranger at Mt Whitney will be there.  I will ask them about
this problem.