[pct-l] Has anyone seen the donkey man - Pascal Landa?

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Tue May 28 19:47:51 CDT 2013

Interesting fellow.

Follow his travel blog at http://longears2chile.blogspot.com which also
describes his plan, sponsors. Etc. - a treasure trove of information.
His latest post was Sat May 25th

His email: LongEars2Chile at gmail.com

> The hiker with the two donkeys is from France. His name is Pascal Landa.
He has proposed a two-year hike that will include the PCT at least as far as
the Columbia River. He will then hike east with his donkeys and pick up the
CDT, and then he plans to hike south to Chili. I think that is too
optimistic - with donkeys, I think it would take at least four years. In the
past, he has hiked several California Sections of the PCT. He has done a lot
of research and planning for his proposed journey. He is not taking it
lightly.

> If any of you hikers see him on the PCT, please post his location and the
date you saw him. Please ask him to email me as he approaches Agua Dulce. I
am an Angel for equestrians - and even donkey people.