[pct-l] hiker trail vs. pack trail on Goat Rocks

Diarmaid Harmon irishharmon at comcast.net
Wed May 29 17:10:44 CDT 2013

Carolyn.

 By august there won't be much of an issue at the Packwood glaciar or the 2 other small ones you will have to cross before the knife edge. By the time you go there will be a good trail cut through them and they are easily negotitable with just hiking poles for balance. As with all snow/ice crossing if you feel more comfortable with the micro spikes then by al means do bring them.

Irish.