[pct-l] Yama Gear Terraform - 2 Person

Alan Miller alan.miller401 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 12:22:36 CDT 2013

My wife and I are currently looking at shelter options for our 2014 thru
hike.  We currently have a BA Seedhouse SL2 and like it, but figure we can
save some weight by going with a shelter that uses trekking poles.
Some requirements for us are:
- Double-wall that can be used either as a tarp alone or the bug shelter
alone.
- Non see-through material (Cuben fiber doesn't seem to pass this test).
- A lot of headroom above the face - We don't like the tarp fabric right in
our face.
- Wide head area - We like each other, but don't need to sleep every night
with our faces pressed together.
- Lightweight

We met the owner of Yama Gear, Gen, at Trail Days (the AT one) this year
and I really like his design for the Terraform 2 person:
http://www.yamamountaingear.com/terraform-dw-2p/

This tent seems to satisfy all of these requirements and looks well made.
 Does anyone have experience with this shelter?  Are there any other
options out there we should look into?  Thanks, Alan