[pct-l] Fleece vs down

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 1 15:38:01 CDT 2013

Fleece jackets are good for when you are wearing them all the time, esp in cold/rainy conditions.   Puffies of any sort tend to lose loft in extended moisture.

They work well in cold and dry climates too as they breathe well.

If I am packing a warm layers vs wearing it most of the time, a synthetic or down puffy is generally lighter and compresses better IMO.

More thoughts:
http://www.pmags.com/fleece-revisited

Paul "Mags" Magnanti
http://www.pmags.com