[pct-l] Electrolytes

Jim Marco jdm27 at cornell.edu
Thu Nov 7 04:37:26 CST 2013

I agree with what these other fine people have said. Salt is the only one you need to worry about and you get plenty of it in most trail ready foods. Potassium is another that could be lacking, but it is rare. I use a mix of salt and lite salt in my salt shaker, good for about a month on the trail, just to be sure. For very hot weather, a shake of the mix (about a fifth or quarter teaspoon) in my water bottle will often let water absorb into the blood stream a little quicker.

There was an article on BPL last year, outlining the major mineral losses through sweat.
	My thoughts only . . .
		jdm