[pct-l] electrolytes (or not)

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Thu Nov 7 12:39:22 CST 2013

Skyward & List,

I got in on this thread late, but here's a few thoughts I have.

If you're going with a powdered electrolyte like Emergen-C, you can save some money buying Kroger's house brand, Essen-C. It's almost identical in formulation and about 2/3 the cost of Emergen-C.

I don't like the flavor of either one by itself, so I add something like lemonade, Crystal Light, powdered GatorAid, etc. to improve taste.

I try to drink a packet of electrolyte in a liter of water every day I'm on the trail. Perhaps coincidentally or perhaps not, I almost never get leg cramps at night when on the trail. At home I often do, even when I've done a lot a exercise that day. Maybe the _-C is the reason.

Good luck.
Mango