[pct-l] What's second best section?

Diane Soini dianesoini at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 18:59:46 CST 2013

On Nov 24, 2013, at 10:00 AM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> Subject: [pct-l] What's second best section?
>

> Touolome - Bleden
This included a section I thought was my #1 favorite section of the
trail (Sonora Pass to Echo Lake, all those flowers!) Until...

> Belden - Ashland
...This section. This segment contains my #1 favorite section of the
trail, from Castle Crags to Seiad Valley. I just loved the Trinities
and Marble Mountains plus I guess I was just in a groove when I was
in this section.

> or
>
> Ashland - Bridge of Gods
This segment is fast hiking but some of it is kind of boring. There
are little spells of high notes in between the boredom and some of my
favorite scenery when reminiscing to myself are the high points in
Oregon: Crater Lake, Three Finger Jack, Mt. Hood, Sisters, Mt.
Jefferson.

Anyway, I bet you would enjoy any of these. And you'd also enjoy
Washington. Once you get beyond Sierra City it's a different world
from the High Sierra/Tahoe stuff.