[pct-l] Break Strategies

James Vesely jvesely at sstinternational.com
Mon Nov 25 08:46:36 CST 2013

A couple of my favorites where The Hobbit and the Harry Potter series,
The Hobbit was a great story as it has many parallels to backpacking and
it makes you feel like you are part of the story, hiking along with
Bilbo.

The Harry Potter series of audio books was much better then the movies
and the actor/narrator readings of the books were superb (he uses a
different voice for each character in an English accent).

I will have to try the Lawrence of Arabia book do you have the name of
the person who reads it, or publisher?

Jim

---------------------------

I actually do use audio books when doing my local neighborhood walks.
walk the same one-mile loop that I've walked (or ran) for nearly 35
years so
it does get a bit boring.  The audio books provide a way to catch up on
my
reading while still getting my daily exercise.  So yes!  Audio books are
bit expensive so I try to find a non-fiction book that's fairly long.
Right
now I'm listening to "Lawrence In Arabia", highly recommended!  So much
so
that I'm trying to find a map that depicts that region (Near East)
during
the WWI era.