[pct-l] SoBo from Whitney Section Hike

gary_schenk at verizon.net gary_schenk at verizon.net
Mon Nov 25 09:04:01 CST 2013

 On 11/22/13, Michael Irving wrote:
What's the date range I might be able to accomplish this assuming a normal snow year?

All that being said...if I bag that and start at Kennedy Meadows and go south from there instead, when's the earliest range of time I could feasibly start from there?

The answer is: it depends!

You could leave in April, maybe March if you wanted. You'd need more gear, though. Skis would be great. A thick pad or two for insulation, a heavier tent for weather protection., snow shoes, ice axe, crampons (and the real things, too, not those crappy substitutes thru-hikers get to make themselves feel safe), more and heavier clothing. You'll need a map and compass.

It would be a great adventure.

Gary