[pct-l] Break Strategies now sleeping bags

GottaWalk gottawalk at pacbell.net
Sun Nov 24 10:28:47 CST 2013

Two possible factors for a bag retaining its loft would be what do you wear in your bag and what fabric the shell is made of. Another factor may be body oils.

Our WM bags with DWR fabric still look new after CDT, AT, ADT, AZT, ICT and various hikes except Ken's beard oils make the collar soiled. We always wear thermals, socks and a hat to keep the bags clean.

I have been thinking about the ZPPack bag for weight savings except it doesn't have a hood. How do you get along without one?

This same thread is running on the G2G right now.
Marcia