[pct-l] Resupply strategies

Diane Soini dianesoini at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 12:41:24 CST 2013

The 2nd time I hiked the PCT (my 2nd half), I didn't want to bother
my mail person much if at all so what I did was buy a bunch of stuff
from some wilderness dining website that was mostly Just foods (Just
tomatoes, Just bananas, Just this, Just that). I also bought a lot of
Nido and some other things that are not available at supermarkets. I
mailed that to myself periodically in a large box. As the box got
more empty, I mailed it in a smaller box.

I did get annoyed at the tyranny of the post office's hours, but it
was sometimes a good excuse to lay around reading a book.