[pct-l] 2013 Triple Crown slideshow

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 00:51:49 CDT 2013

The presentations were marvelous.  Magical is a totally apt way to put it.
 Kristen, the first women and one of only 5 people to have hiked the length
of the Brooks Range in AK, Jester and his marvelous new Wizards movie,
Embrace the Brutality, Swami with 12 long trails in 18 months including the
Triple crown within one calendar year, Anish telling the story of her
record breaking PCT hike this year and more.  An incredible line up and
beyond that, a camp full of the wisdom of 25 Triple Crowners all in one
place.

But seeing the genuine warmth and friendship between Scott Williamson and
Anish was the capper.  It embodied the spirit of long distance hiking
better than anything I've seen in a long time.  Competitors for the same
record, Scott had brought trail magic to Anish while she was on the way to
break his record.  Later she then tried to intercept him with trail magic
while he was hiking and attempting to break her record.  That hyper
competitive drive juxtaposed to the deep respect and fellow feeling for
each other, expresses the joy we all experience on a long trail like
nothing else.

Fantastic weekend!  Thanks to all who worked to put it on.

Shroomer