[pct-l] late October California trip

Diane Soini dianesoini at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 19:05:13 CDT 2013

On Oct 8, 2013, at 10:00 AM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 12:54:36 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Dale Combs <comebackwalking at yahoo.com>
> Subject: [pct-l] late October California trip

> *Hiking in a wilderness area when you feel less than welcome due to
> govt shutdown.

What? Huh? Why would you feel uncomfortable hiking on the PCT because
of this? It has nothing to do with you. I'd choose the location you
want to do that has enough water to support your hiking. Not much
water in So Cal right now, unless it's a year-round reliable stream
or spring. Hat creek rim never has any water anyway.