[pct-l] Another missing hiker found

Carol museumgirl at me.com
Wed Oct 9 10:51:29 CDT 2013

One thing I've noticed from the blogs, Instagram posts, and Tweets of those who are finishing this week is that they ended up having to throw an incredible amount of money at the end of this hike. Hotel stays, car rental, waterproof boots, new/extra rain gear, crampons, snowshoe rental, gaiters, poles with larger baskets... If these hikers are wealthy enough to be able to do that (or have parents who are,) they may be accustomed to being able to throw money at any problem and make it go away. It may be an internal world view that really can't be altered. It seems that charging some of these kids for rescue would really not be a problem for them. It would just be a part of the adventure. Another great video for their blog.

Big bucks and the illusion of immortality are a deadly combination.

Carol

Sent from my iPhone