[pct-l] Paying for SAR

Dan Jacobs youroldpaldan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 00:37:41 CDT 2013

On Oct 9, 2013 12:49 PM, "Jeffrey Olson" <jjolson60 at centurylink.net> wrote:

> It may seem a bit antiquated or backwards, but when I do my long section
> hikes alone, I am totally prepared to die.

I am also. A peaceful death in the wilderness would be far better than a
car crash or dieing from drowning or a fire.

 I wouldn't carry a cell
> phone or spot device.  My family understands this and goes on about
> their lives.  Being self-sufficient is part of the experience for me.

I agree with this also, except for the part about carrying a communication
device. There are too many good reasons to have it available and never need
help and still maintain complete self sufficiency. Like car insurance.

Dan Jacobs
Sequim, WA tonight