[pct-l] Paying for SAR

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Fri Oct 11 01:40:48 CDT 2013

Say Switchback,
I just got back from an extended bike trip in France and before that I
was on
an extended bike trip in Holland.

As I was spending my time biking in Europe this summer and you were
spending you time cruising around the USA on your "TRIKE", the list was
suffering from a lack of the customary "Switchback & Reinhold" trail humor
which keeps the "HERD" relaxed and in a good frame of mind.

The lack of the customary "Switchback & Reinhold" trail humor is making the
"Herd" all tense and uptight, and grouchy as is obvious from the SAR rescue
thread.
They are accusing each other of being " un American, left wing, libertarian
commies and all kinds of other dirty names.

SAR rescues are here to stay and are only going to increase as more and
more inexperienced hikers, who have been misled to belief that the PCT is
a piece of cake, will attempt to "thru" the PCT and the tension and name
calling is only going to increase.

What the "HERD" needs is some of your good old trail humor to relax them
and put them in a good frame of mind.

Give us your  "BEST STUFF"  and you better make it quick.

JMT Reinhold
Your concerned trail companiom