[pct-l] Dehydrated Soylent, a liquid food

Diane Soini dianesoini at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 19:25:33 CDT 2013

That doesn't sound very palatable.

If you want a slightly less unpalatable food that you can live on
indefinitely and take hiking try pemmican. It's not that hard to
make. Add water and heat up for soup or eat cold just as it is. It's
very calorically dense, too. There is no water in it, so even though
it's relatively heavy compared to some powders, the weight is all fat
and protein. Lasts forever even kept on a shelf. Use grass-fed beef
tallow for best healthfulness. You can buy it already rendered which
saves time. There was a good picture-laden post on backpacking light
a while back on how to make pemmican.