[pct-l] HikeFor - Partner needed in the US

Paul Mitchell paul at bluebrain.ca
Tue Oct 15 13:55:58 CDT 2013

Hi all.

I launched HikeFor in 2010 to allow a bunch of hikers to dedicate their
hikes to raising funds for a great non-profit in Haiti.  In 2013 I updated
the site to allow hikers to hike for any cause(s).  The next crucial step is
to get HikeFor registered as a 501(c)3 in the US.  It's much more difficult
to achieve non-profit status in Canada, where I am, and since most of the
trails, hikers, sponsors, and causes HikeFor will be used for are in the US,
it makes sense to register it there anyway.

In order to move forward, I need a partner down south who can provide:

A)     An address for the non-profit

B)     Setup a bank account

C)     Sign some documents for the 501(c)3 application process

D)     Accept checks by mail from sponsors and deposit them in the account

HikeFor doesn't take any of the donations collected, 100% are forwarded to
the target non-profits, so there are no funds to compensate for time, but
there shouldn't be much time required.  I'll take care of as much as I can
from here.  Checks will mostly come in the last quarter of the year and can
be deposited once a month.

To date I've covered all the costs, and I'll be covering the costs of
incorporating as a 501(c)3, annual bookkeeping, etc. until such time as
HikeFor can find a corporate sponsor to cover costs.

There's currently about $13,000 due for this year's causes, but I can't
collect the funds and forward them to the causes until 501(c)3 status has
been achieved, so at this point it's somewhat urgent to move quickly.

Here's a bit more info: http://www.hikefor.com/about.html

HikeFor is still young & has not been promoted, there's a fair bit of
potential for it to grow significantly and with corporate sponsorship to
cover operational costs there could potentially be some compensation for
anyone involved.  If you're keen to invest more time to help HikeFor grow,
that's great and perhaps it can become a paying job down the road, but at
the moment the most important thing is just the minimal help I need
stateside to get it incorporated.

Please feel free to call or email me directly if you're interested in
helping out!

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Paul "Potential 178" Mitchell