[pct-l] Soylent Green

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Tue Oct 15 20:11:37 CDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 4:44 PM,  <chiefcowboy at verizon.net> wrote:
> If you don't recall, it turns out that all the "research" that Rachel Carson
> did on "Soylent Green" was completely flawed and or faked.

Since chiefcowboy is slamming Rachel Carson, I assume that he is
referring to the book "Silent Spring" that started the modern
environmental movement, and is at least partially responsible for the
creation of the EPA, not to "Soylent Green."

Evaluating her research is beyond the scope of this forum, but I would
like to point out that the original attacks on Rachel Carson were lead
by the Monsanto Company, Velsicol, American Cyanamid, etc.

"Silent Spring at 50: The False Crises of Rachel Carson"  was recently
published by the Koch Brothers controlled Cato Institute. This
publication attacks Carson for her opposition to the use the use of
DDT and other synthetic pesticides. The webstie www.Rachelwaswrong.org
which also currently attacks her is published by the Competitive
Enterprise Institute which is funded by  Exxon Mobil, the Ford Motor
Company, Pfizer, among others.

If a person's effectiveness can be judged by his/her enemies, and the
amount of work the enemies expend counter attacking, I'd think that Dr
Carson would be proud of her legacy.

Read more about here here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Carson