[pct-l] Should the date of the PCT days at Cascade Locks be changed?

Rob Langsdorf sdscpcts at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 16 19:04:39 CDT 2013

Hi All,

    I have been wondering what the impact of having the PCT days event at Cascade Locks on the weekend after Labor Day weekend may have had on encouraging PCT hikers to be late in reaching the boarder?

    One post said, "Taka attended the PCT Days, and then headed towards the Canadian border."

    He was the Japanese hiker who was stuck at Milk Creek this year due to heavy snows. I wonder how many other hikers were stopped or delayed by the snow this year because they went to the PCT days event and then tried to hike to Canada.

    What if the PCT days were held the week before Labor Day? Would this encourage hikers to either go faster or to skip north to the locks, do the hike to Canada and then flip back to pick up the segments that they had missed?

     Mataguay Connector Rob