[pct-l] Charges possible for Boy Scouts leaders who toppledUtah rock formation

Mark Liechty mlaccs at mlaccs.com
Sat Oct 19 16:00:14 CDT 2013

On Oct 19, 2013, at 10:42 AM, "JPL" <jplynch at crosslink.net> wrote:

> In my day, we had a program call "Tote 'n Chip" if memory holds.  I earned
> the patch (still have it somewhere).  I remember doing something wrong on a
> camping trip and *really* getting fussed at and threatened with the loss of
> my patch.  Whew.  Made a big impression on this impressionable young guy!
> ########

If they clip the conner of the card it is harassment\hazing.   Suggesting removing a rank or right or award for poor performance is a sin that has no redemption.

We have to live within the system provided.  For this iteration is means lots of profits from awards and little responsibility on the Scouts to do anything to earn or keep those awards.  It is not a Scouting problem it is a SOCIETY problem.  It is a Parenting problem.

On the other hand this was a topic in the Scout Leaders training I just got back from delivering.  What happened was not excusable and will be punished.   These idiots will soon be gone.

The real question here is do they go to jail?  All the talk about Society issues and they are on tape bragging.   If that is not proof then what is?