[pct-l] "WILD"...You "ain't" seen nothing yet

Lindsey Sommer lgsommer at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 13:58:32 CDT 2013

I think that a better way to put this is "anyone can do it... if you
PREPARE." I think yes, in theory anyone, with the right preparation can be
a successful thru-hiker.

But, it does in a way perpetuate this idea that anyone can go from not
hiking, to suddenly hiking 20 miles a day for 5 months, and then happily
wander into Canada and have gained all this self confidence.

Andrea put it perfectly: "They need to know before they hit here in mid
Sept. what to expect."