[pct-l] Legs of the PCT (Lint and Anish)- adding Gear

Matt Signore mpsignore at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 11:44:03 CDT 2013

In my experience a liner has a sliding scale in R value.  If the
manufacturer claims that you get an added 10° of warmth.  It might make a
bag go from 50°F to 40°F but not from 0°F to -10°F.  The difference between
a 0°F bag and a -10°F is almost a pound of feathers.  Not a thin layer of
silk.  These are my very non scientific observations, but I always use a
liner.  That is what my observations over the long haul have shown me.

--
Matt Signore
pcthandbook.com