[pct-l] Hiker age

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sun Oct 27 11:28:54 CDT 2013

[pct-l] Hiker age

Betty,
Yes,...Bob is quite a guy.
I thought I have climbed Whitney a lot of times but not even close
to 170 times.
I know somebody who wanted to be the first to have climbed Whitney
100 times.
But he gave up after finding out that somebody had already done it.

JMT Reinhold
-----------------------------
Betty wrote:
Reinhold, your old 65-85 lb. pack weight would put you in good company with
Cheryl Strayed!

One of the best moments of my Mt. Whitney hike this year was when I
happened to see and meet Bob Rockwell on the trail. At age 78 (if I recall
correctly), he has summited Whitney 170 times (or at least that was the
total as of August 7 when I saw him). He has been hiking since before I was
born. His example is very inspiring to me, as are all of you who are still
out there hiking at age 70+.

Betty