[pct-l] Girls in the bag...was legs...

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sun Oct 27 11:03:09 CDT 2013

If warmth is the issue why don't you guys just buy a slightly roomier
bag and have
your girl friends or wives in the bag with you, or use the bag like a
quilt for the two
of you...that will add a whole lot more than 10 degrees of warmth to the
bag.
On a cold night, when my 1 pound WM bag is not warm enough I just wear
every
item of cloth I have, including my rain gear if necessary, in the bag
and that will
usually do the trick.
But a girl in the bag would do the trick even better.

JMT Reinhold
Marmot wrote:
There is no way that it is 10 degrees warmer.
My guess is between 5 & 8. That matters to me.
Also I sleep in a tent. That's for more than warmth.
I just sleep more soundly.
I hate bugs crawling on me.
Dan wrote:
It seems I may be wrong, and that's ok by me.
I just don't buy the//marketing hype that a simple liner of any thin
material can
add ten degrees //of warmth to a sleeping bag.
Has testing been done independently to proved //this, or do folks feel
warmer,
so whether it's all in your head or not//that's just fine? /