[pct-l] Bikes on the PCT

Dan Jacobs youroldpaldan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 12:50:55 CDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 9:23 AM, JoAnn <jomike at cot.net> wrote:

> You people are unbelievable, and don’t site HYOH that so many use to
> exempt their behavior as acceptable. Where is your passion? Do most of the
> hikers in this day and age have no true love of the PCT? Read “Relative
> Impact of Off-Road bicycle and Hiker Traffic on Trail Soils” by Anna R.
> Carter’s thesis. Also try “The Impact of Mtn. Biking on Wildlife and
> People” by Michael J. Vandeman, Ph.D. Google this subject and find what
> real passion is all about. The PCT is in my soul and I will protect it, as
> needed.

HYOH has different meanings for everyone, as I am sure you are discovering.
It can have a deeper, life long meaning and cause of action, and affects,
for some folks.

Just because someone doesn't present themselves in a manner that you find
acceptable for the love of a thing or a trail or the outdoors doesn't mean
that there are not things being done by those folks that they believe are
proper in order to do something about an issue. Some folks picket, some
folks write letters, some folks act as "observe and report" neighborhood
watch types, some folks donate money, and some folks spread awareness.

So, once again, JoAnn, you are judging people based on your very own set of
rules for Who Is Taking Proper Action. I promise not to judge you as
harshly as you judge others. #Think

Dan Jacobs
Washougal
--