[pct-l] Jackets for the northern PCT

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 01:36:45 CDT 2013

I've worn a WM Hooded Flash jacket on thru hikes of the PCT and CDT and
will still be using it this spring on the AT.  It's getting old, but is
still warm enough to keep on using it.  I am very careful not to get it
wet, relying on my long sleeved shirt and rain jacket when hiking and hot
from exertion.  I put it on in camp when I'm cooling down and sleep in it
on cold nights.  It's a great jacket.

For the 5 weeks spent hiking a very snowy High Sierra in 2010 and over the
snowy San Juans in 2012, I also carried a pair of WM down pants which are
one of my favorite pieces of gear.  They raise the warmth factor of my bag
considerably when living in really cold conditions, but when out of the
snow, I can mail them home and lighten the load.  This adds a versatility
factor to my sleeping gear and they're also just damn comfy in camp on a
cold night.

Shroomer