[pct-l] Bushnell Mini Solar Wrap

tsparks56 at aol.com tsparks56 at aol.com
Wed Apr 2 23:35:20 CDT 2014

 With a price of less than $40.00 that is very attractive but, with the 10 hour charge time they claim for an iPhone, I think you may find it to be very frustrating at best when you are under tree canopy or have a cloudy day.  If money is of importance, take a look at the SunTatics external battery. For $34.00, you get a true 6000 mAh battery that will charge an iPhone 3 times from dead flat to 100%.  When you get into a trail town, just charge it up while doing laundry and other chores from a wall outlet.  You would do better with a battery than a 10 hour to charge solar charger in my opinion.  I am not affiliated in any way with SunTatics but I have been using their sCharger 5 solar panel over the past year and it will be Velcro'd to the top of my pack when I start the trail April 22 and that panel will charge my phone in 2 hours.  Also, when I get to the trees of Oregon, I will have one of their batteries included in my resupply box and use it for the remainder of the trip.  I do believe you could hike the entire trail with just the battery,  if you are careful in the longer (4-5 day) stretches between resupply stops.

Terry