[pct-l] Sierra Designs Backcountry Bed 800 3-Season Sleeping Bag

Matt Signore mpsignore at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 14:33:25 CDT 2014

James,

The WM bag has continuous baffles.  Meaning you can put the fill wherever
you want.  However, the Ultralite is a tight squeeze I prefer the Alpinlite
it weighs a smidge more but pays you back with wiggle room.

The fill weight comparison confuses me.  The difference is more indicative
of the treatment of or type of SD down.  Not in the insulation value.  Just
because the insulation weighs more does not make it warmer.  600 fill down
is heavier than 800 fill.  The 600 is not warmer it just weighs more to
fill the same volume.

--
Matt Signore
*http://www.yogisbooks.com/ <http://www.yogisbooks.com/>*