[pct-l] Pot/dishes cleaning- judge reinhold

kevin at kegphoto.com kevin at kegphoto.com
Sat Apr 5 16:28:40 CDT 2014

No question is silly, true.  I hope everyone realized my message was
satire (TrailButler®, really?) and not meant as a put-down.  There's no
shortage of humor to be found everywhere, especially when dealing with a
little prep-anxiety.  It would be an amusing project for our post-hike
selves to look back and provide our own answers to the specific
questions we asked before departing.  i.e. "I was curious/worried about
X, and it turns out that in my experience, Y."  I suspect many of our
fears are unfounded.

In all seriousness though, as a desert dweller myself I don't use water
unnecessarily.  I go cookless unless I'm around a reliable supply of H20
and can easily replenish my supply.  You won't need to wash dishes if
you don't use dishes, and stuff that doesn't need to be cooked shouldn't
require a dish.  Even if you know you will have more water than you
need, you might find someone who isn't as prepared and be able to help
them out.