[pct-l] Tuna Helper's PCT Speed Attempt 2014

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Wed Apr 9 13:43:36 CDT 2014

" I will not be getting into a vehicle for any reason during this attempt,
or skipping any section of trail. I will be following the official PCT
route, taking no detours, road walks or alternates of any kind."

I submit that this is not a realistic expectation given the existing
mandated closures of the official PCT.

You will be forced to violate one or more of your listed criteria,
especially as the USFS has stated definitively that there will be no
alternate around the closed area near Idyllwild this year.

One CAN set the record for whatever amounts to the PCT in any given year.
All need to acknowledge that "whatever amounts to the PCT" may vary
significantly from year to year as the result of re-routes, official
closures, and the like.