[pct-l] Alcohol and Esbit Stoves

Ken Murray kmurray at dr.com
Thu Apr 10 02:00:46 CDT 2014

I don' t believe a defense that "I didn't know the law" or "I didn't understand the law" or "I didn't read the law" has ever worked as a defense.

It is your responsibility to understand the law that affects the things that you do. If you violate it, you are SOL.

However, I have a ray of hope. I've copied the emails in this thread, and if anyone reading starts a fire with their illegal stove, I will be happy to present this, AND testify to the fact that you were encouraged to flout the law.

I'd imagine that by pointing in this direction, and naming names, you can cut a deal, as they "Make an example" of those who conspired to subvert the law, by putting forth misinterpretations. And they don't even have to hike the trail!