[pct-l] Tuna Helper's PCT Speed Attempt 2014 (Ryan Weidert)

Ryan Allouche ryanallouche at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 15:31:19 CDT 2014

Rhino here from 2011. I will be attempting as well and I can't wait! This is going to be a battle for sure and I wish everyone the best of luck.

I will be going unsupported as well. But is there a definition for the pct version of unsupported? If one took food from a trail angel is that considered having support. I wouldn't  think so but I'm sure others could argue. As far as I understand unsupported is carrying your own food and water and gear, not hitchhiking into town to resupply, but walking to and from the trailhead into town to resupply and simply walking back to where you got off.

There is always someone that will argue supported vs unsupported. On FKT some people say unsupported is just that, no help what so ever and carrying all your food for the duration of the trip. Obviously that's not possible doing the PCT.

No matter what people think or say, doing 45-50 miles a day is no joke. If a trail angel offers me food at a trail junction, I'm freaking eating it. And I would consider my journey still as "unsupported".

Good luck guys on the attempt : )
Embrace the brutality.

Rhino PCT 2011

Sent from my iPhone by Ryan Allouche