[pct-l] Water filtration question

Yoshihiro Murakami completewalker at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 21:28:16 CDT 2014

Dear John

This topic was already widely discussed. Now, I am using 2 two litter
Platypus for dirty water, 4 one litter Platypus for clean water, and
connected with the tubes.

https://sites.google.com/site/completewalkerequipment/home/5-water-treatment

https://sites.google.com/site/completewalkerequipment/home/5-water-treatment/sawyer-squeeze-system

I don't think Platypus is the strongest pack. But it is very easy to see
where the damage accumulated. In other words, I am intended to use as a
fault tolerant system with using plural packs. If the probability of
leakage in a month was 0.01.  If two packs were used, the probability of
leakage of the both packs was  0.01 X 0.01 = 0.001.  I usually change the
old to the new, when it became dirty.

When I need water in a very small puddle, I use my coffee cup ( the
cleaning is necessary when it was used in very dirty water) .

--
Sincerely
Low Gear (trail name) ---  Low Gear Song was written by Diane with Trail

Hiro   ( the short name of Yoshihiro Murakami  村上宣寛 )
facebook  http://www.facebook.com/completewalker
Blogs  http://completewalker.blogspot.jp/
Photo  https://picasaweb.google.com/104620544810418955412/
Backpacking since 1980 in Japan, A foreign member of PCTA;  JMT( 2009,
2010, 2011, 2012), Wind River Range, Glacier NP (2013)