[pct-l] Re; Ursack, a step closer

Luce Cruz lucecruz13 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 00:36:35 CDT 2014

On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 4:31 PM, Lisa Shik <lisashik at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  Regarding mothball use, they are carcinogenic,  so not worth it.
> Lisa

Until human studies are done, we only know with certainty that
1,4-dichlorobenzene is a known carcinogen for animals when given high
doses. http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/toxfaqs/tf.asp?id=703&tid=126#bookmark06

No, I wouldn't go eating it, but incidental exposure or keeping the
chemical from penetrating your food probably isn't worth being concerned
about until more is known. It is a neurotoxin, so handling items
containing 1,4-dichlorobenzene must be done with due care.

Luce Cruz