[pct-l] Help for Harry

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Mon Apr 21 11:53:07 CDT 2014

Matt gives an excellent point about hitching; lucky for those involved the
driver did what he said he would do. Life lesson learned.

Let me add that you should write down or memorize the license plate number
BEFORE you get in. This is doubly important before just arbitrarily tossing
your gear into the trunk or truck bed, especially if the driver remains
behind the wheel while you're doing so.

In a group, one or more of you should board the vehicle before the gear
does, even if it's just into the truck bed "to arrange things so they don't
slide about". At the store or restaurant that won't allow packs, one stays
with the gear while the other(s) eat/shop/whatever. First one finished
relieves the sentry. Or as Matt says, " If the business doesn't allow
backpacks inside go to the next business" (if that's possible).

And the last rule of hitching: if something doesn't feel right, pass on the
ride.