[pct-l] Wrightwood access

Rob Langsdorf sdscpcts at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 23 18:12:13 CDT 2014

>From Inspiration Point it is wise to hike northeast on Hwy 2 down to Big Pines. There a more traveled road comes over the saddle and can take you east to Wrightwood. You are more likely to get a ride there.

      Mataguay Connector Rob

________________________________
 From: Drew Smith <jdrewsmith at gmail.com>
To: pct-l at backcountry.net
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2014 2:28 PM
Subject: [pct-l] Wrightwood access

The hitch from Inspiration Point on Hwy 2 might be a tough one. Got there at 9am this morning.  By 10:30 a grand total of 1 car had passed going to town.  It didn't stop.

Fortunately (trail magic alert) Alpaca drove up in a big white town car, getting dropped off by her mom to continue her hike.  She graciously gave me a ride to town.

If your itinerary has you hitching to Wrightwood on a weekday morning, you might want to consider the Acorn trail instead, it is likely to be faster, even factoring the hike back up to the trail.

Peace,
Happy Hour
—
Sent from Mailbox for iPhone