[pct-l] Water Cache at Scissors Xing

Timothy Nye timpnye at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 20:18:06 CDT 2014

I attended the annual meeting of the PCTA this month. After the meeting I asked, privately, how many permits had been issued this year. This information is not being released.  I can imagine what this means, both for Scissors and further up the trail.

This trash can very well be due to hikers. We need everyone on trail to put on their "big boy/girl pants/skirts/kilts". The problem as I see it, is that this influx of hikers this year by and large didn't get to experience the trail in an uncrowded state as most previous years hikers did, relatively speaking of course.

I don't know how a sense of responsibility can be communicated, but the loss of caches may well serve to limit numbers assuming most don't just hitch around the dry parts.

Scissors crossing

Sent from my iPad