[pct-l] Water Cache at Scissors Xing

Pam Roth proth6030 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 26 13:04:40 CDT 2014

Personally, I think that the caches are crucial this year. I carried 5-6 liters of water from Campo to Idylwild.  Even when using water only for drinking and cooking, I nearly ran out before the next cache or water source. There are only 2 running streams in the stretch from Campo to Paradise Valley. Granted, I hike slower than most (10-13 mpd). Even so, there is a true water shortage in this record drought year. Without at least topping off at caches, many hikers would be in real trouble.