[pct-l] Ocean Views from the PCT?

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 30 18:57:29 CDT 2014

Harwoodcreek wrote:

The ocean for which the trail is named is rarely visible from the route.  I
figure it can probably be seen from the San Gabriels, which I haven't yet
traveled, and Puget Sound is probably visible in Washington State.

I could be wrong, but I don't think the Puget Sound is visible from any
point on the PCT itself in Washington.  The Cascades are a pretty wide
mountain range and the PCT sticks to the middle or eastern side, and doesn't
climb the highest peaks.  There's a lot of ridges and peaks to the west that
would obscure any distant sightlines.  You *might* see something from the
Goat Rocks on an exceptionally clear day, but I doubt it.

Eric